Wednesday, October 27, 2010

“Daylight hours”


My daily routine is pretty consistent. Every morning I'll wake up and battle with the thought of climbing out from under my warm cozy sheets and unwrapping myself from my blankets.

Until I heard my alarm clock's snooze function I'll finally give in and drag myself to the bathroom to jump under the shower. Standing under the cold stream of water feels so good and gives me chance to muse on what the day ahead holds and to try and remember the last thought I had as I was drifting off the night before, which right now seems like a haze but at the time I was sure was life changing.

My commute into work is pretty not that long and gives me a chance to listen to my IPOD. The cycles of the traffic lights on my route now come as second nature. On the way up to the office, if I'm feeling particularly groggy, I'll pop into the coffee deck and pick up a 3 in 1 coffee, the smells really tracking me. There I go again battling with my computer it’s as if like a lovers having a fight. But knowingly doing my daily routine stuffs.

One of my favorite parts of the day is walking into the office and around to my desk, I'll see my officemate “Yoo” her head around her computer, busy diligently replying to all the folks who inquire in to us, and joyfully great me with, "Hey Vanz or sometimes Hey Babs!!!" hahahaha. It never fails to lift me into a better mood. The rest of my day varies based on the projects I'm working on and the meetings I have scheduled on my calendar.

I always find it easier to get my head down in the early evening, when the office starts to settle down. My homeward commute gives me time to reflect on what happened during the day and of course what I’m always saying is “I don’t want to talk about my work”. LOL ... That is until the ticket inspector raps his key and ready to travel down C-5 road.

No comments: